All about the exciting (terrifying) world of buying a flat in London and other interesting distractions.

Thoughts, ideas and little bits of inspiration.

Monday 18 April 2011

Baking smugness

I have been told there are few things as satisfying as making your own bread. But lets face it, I just don't generally have the patience for waiting for the dough to rise twice over etc. If I'm baking, it is generally because I want either a) instant gratification b) a cake fix or c) praise

Past bread making attempts have been of mixed success. Largely due to impatience (see above). So it was with a little trepidation that I decided to try and make Hot Cross Buns on Sunday. I followed the recipe (unusual for me) and really made myself wait long enough to let the dough really double in size.

Behold the pay off:

So they aren't entirely uniform, but the perfectionist in me completely overcame this on eating one. They are awesome. James Martin I love you.

The biscuits in the tin are Easter Biscuits, made to my Mum's recipe and as authentic as could be.

Et voilà! A haul of seasonal baked goods. The boy was very happy indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment